iPad stuck on Apple logo

Home Forums Hardware iPad iPad stuck on Apple logo

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Apple Tech Talker Apple Tech Talker 1 year ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

I have an iPad 2 and just tried to upgrade to iOS 9.2. The software downloaded and installed but when the iPad restarted it froze on the Apple logo screen.

I tried to do a reset by holding down the home and power buttons but the iPad just keeps getting to the Apple logo and stays there.

I plugged in the iPad to iTunes but it doesn’t do anything, probably because the iPad isn’t actually on.

Is my iPad ruined or is there some way to recover it?

Dear Anonymous:

Thanks for your post. To recover your iPad, try putting it into Recovery Mode by following these steps.

Connect the charging/sync cable to the USB port on your computer.
    Make sure iTunes is closed.
    While holding down the Home button, connect the 30 pin connector to the iPad.

You should see the Connect to iTunes symbol appear on the screen and iTunes should open. At that point, you should be given a choice to restore or update your iPad. Select the option you want and let the process complete.

That should bring your iPad back to life.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes..

Anonymous
    Participant

That worked! Thank you for saving my iPad.

SharonMartin
    Participant

I had the very same issue, couldn’t go past the apple logo black screen. Tried this 3 steps and it worked for me.

Turn off or restart your device. If you can’t turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
    Plug the device’s USB cable into your computer only.
    Hold down the device’s Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
    When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don’t see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

Welcome to Apple Tech Talk and the Forums. Glad to hear this worked for you.

SharonMartin
    Participant

I found a new method today. Hope it can help someone.
    iPad Stuck on Apple Logo

Thanks for the tip. It is always good to have multiple options. We would point out that the software you suggest is not free with the Windows version costing $69.95 and the Mac OS version coating $79.95.

A free trial version is offered but we don’t know what that version is able to do, and while this software appears to do more than just get the iPad “unstuck” from the Apple Logo screen, this is a very rare issue and may not be worth the investment given the free alternative recommended by Apple.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.