First-ever heads-up display designed for Tesla’s sophisticated interior offers premium navigation and safety features to reduce distracted driving.
HUDWAY, a leading provider of heads-up displays for safer and smarter driving, today announced its newest product: HUDWAY DRIVE for Tesla Models 3 and Y, the world’s first heads-up display designed specifically for Tesla vehicles. HUDWAY DRIVE’s design stems from a high demand across Tesla drivers for a heads-up display that fits the Tesla aesthetic and provides drivers a way to view their speedometer and receive directions while keeping both eyes on the road. Connecting through Bluetooth to any Appleor Android device, HUDWAY DRIVE for Tesla projects speed, directions, calls and all your favorite apps.
“Every second your eyes aren’t focused on the road increases the likelihood of an accident. After reading customer feedback surrounding the Tesla Models 3 and Y and their concern for their safety, we designed the first heads-up display for Teslas that matches the interior design of their vehicles and keeps drivers safe on the road,” says Ivan Klabukov, co-founder and CEO, HUDWAY. “With HUDWAY, our goal is to provide drivers with a safe, affordable aftermarket option to easily navigate the roads the same way, with HUDWAY DRIVE for Tesla we wanted to do the same but also integrate something that doesn’t stray away from the beauty of a Tesla interior.”
HUDWAY DRIVE for Tesla will be available for pre-order for $199 in May 2019. For more information about HUDWAY or to view their entire product line, visit hudway.co.
Additional HUDWAY DRIVE for Tesla Features:
- Compatible with any navigation app including Waze and Google Maps
- Mirrors smartphone’s screen, simplifying the user experience and eliminating the need to learn a new platform or interface
- Customizable widgets allow users to select between different projections of the vehicle’s performance statistics
- Light sensor automatically adjusts display brightness for optimal visibility in any weather condition
- With a resolution of 480 x 240 on a 6.3” display, making it easy to view the road and navigate simultaneously
- Transparent lens blends with car’s windshield to keep drivers focused on the road ahead
- Displays phone calls, messages and other notifications on-screen to avoid distracted driving
- Plugs into the vehicle’s low voltage accessory socket for easy and intuitive setup
- Interacts with any app through the smartphones’ voice control in the driver’s preferred language
- Compatible with Apple and Android devices
# # #
HUDWAY is a California-based startup reinventing the driving experience with its aftermarket head-up displays. Inspired by aviation technology, HUDWAY’s products provide a safer way to get directions, calls and texts without taking your eyes off the road. Vital driving information is cast directly in your line of sight, helping reduce distractions behind the wheel. HUDWAY aims to provide an affordable, smarter driving experience to drivers around the world. For more information, visit hudway.co.
If you liked this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and leaving a comment below. Also, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow Us” on Twitter and add the Apple Tech Talk channel to your Apple News app.