At this year’s CES® trade show, NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), a leading provider of networking equipment for homes and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs), is announced three new series in its award-winning ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage (NAS) product family: RN420, RN520 and RN620. Now faster than ever before, the new desktop NAS solutions offer small and medium businesses the ultimate network storage platforms. With five levels of unrivaled data protection, 10 Gigabit copper Ethernet (10GbE) network interface on selected models, and expandable storage capacity, the new product lineup based on Intel® technologyoffers outstanding performance, versatility and scalability.
The new ReadyNAS products bring:
- Ultimate performance: The industry’s highest performance NAS product portfolio, at multiple power, capacity and price points, meeting every SMB need
- Unmatched 5 levels of data protection: Complete, reliable and cost-effective protection for company files, databases, and virtual machines
- All-inclusive backup and recovery : NETGEAR ReadyDR™ is an on-schedule, automatic snapshot-based backup to a second ReadyNAS that enables businesses to recover and restore data from the latest backup and quickly get back to business
- Intuitive and unified management app: Setup, monitor and manage ReadyNAS from the palm of your hand through the NETGEAR Insight app for iOS and Android™
- Seamless File Sharing: Unified storage platform for sharing files among Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®-based computers, and remote or cloud locations
- Secure Private Cloud: Access data from anywherewith NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD®, and select folders and files to share with partners, clients, or internal teams
“NETGEAR ReadyNAS solutions are designed with business needs in mind. No matter the size of the business, our portfolio scales accordingly. These new additions to the ReadyNAS product line are no exception,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of SMB Product Line Management for NETGEAR. “We collaborate closely with customers and partners to design storage products that leverage the latest technology and bring performance and ease-of-use to businesses every day.”
ReadyNAS 620 series offers the ultimate performance in data storage and accessibility with dual 10GbE connectivity for 4K video multi-streaming and real-time transcoding. Based on the Intel® Xeon® processor D-1521, theReadyNAS 620 is available in 6 and 8 bay configurations for a total storage capacity of 80TB or up to130TB with an expansion chassis. It supports up to 120 users for optimized usage in high-demanding environments such as creative studios, company headquarters, or large branch offices.
ReadyNAS 520 series offers superior performance storage capabilities for up to 80 users, featuring 10GbE connectivity and superior streaming capabilities for multiple 1K or single 4K streams.ReadyNAS 520 isbased on the Intel® Pentium® Processor D1500 Series for Server and is available in 4, 6 and 8 bay configurations. It is a great addition to the ReadyNAS family for small businesses needing to store, share, and protect their ever-growing amount of company data.
ReadyNAS 420 series has been designed with small business needs in mind and offers high performance, all-in-one file server and automatic backup, at amazing price-performance levels. ReadyNAS 420 is available in 2 and 4 bay configurations. These new ReadyNAS models arepowered by the latest Intel® Atom™ Processor C3338 built around the next generation Intel® Atom™ Processor C3338 for high levels of networking throughput, enabling enterprise-grade file sharing and data backup for offices supporting up to 40 employees.
“Small and medium businesses, as well as home users, need storage solutions that allow them to access, share, and protect their data in a convenient way,” said Ran Senderovitz, vice president and general manager of Intel’s Wireless and Consumer/Commercial Infrastructure Group. “Netgear’s new network storage platforms based on Intel® processors offer businesses a range of storage options to meet their needs now and into the future.”
Price and Availability
All models are available in populated configurations of various hard disk drive capacities. ReadyNAS models 528X and 628X are available immediately, worldwide. ReadyNAS 524X will be available in North America and Europe in January, and the rest of the world in Q1, 2017. ReadyNAS models 422, 424 will be available in Q1, 2017.
ReadyNAS 420 Series
- RN422, 2-bay, Dual GbE, diskless, $449.99 MSRP
- RN424, 4-bay, Dual GbE, diskless, $649.99 MSRP
ReadyNAS 520 Series
- RN524X, 4-bay, Dual 10GbE, diskless, $899.99 MSRP
- RN526X, 6-bay, Dual 10GbE, diskless, $1,199.99 MSRP
- RN528X, 8-bay, Dual 10GbE, diskless, $1,599.99 MSRP
ReadyNAS 620 Series
- RN626X, 6-bay, Dual 10GbE + Dual GbE, diskless, $1,699.99 MSRP
- RN628X, 8-bay, Dual 10GbE + Dual GbE, diskless, $1,999.99 MSRP
NETGEAR backs its ReadyNAS business-class products with the industry best-in-class 5-Year Limited Hardware Warranty, 5-Year Next Business Day Shipping for part replacement, and multiple support options to provide peace of mind for years to come.
Learn more about NETGEAR ReadyNAS desktop and rackmount series to determine the right solution for your business.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR(NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company’s products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless(WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company’s products are sold. NETGEARproducts are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 27,000 value-added resellers,as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company’s headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000.Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.