Synology has introduced an entirely redesigned unified operating system powering Synology data management solutions, DiskStation Manager (DSM) 7.0, during the online 2021 AND BEYOND event.
“Unprecedented quantities of data have undergone processing, whether for data analytics, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, telemedicine, or for countless more innovations. All of this is making a huge impact on our lifestyle and the way we do business, forming a “data economy” where owning more data gives you a competitive edge against others,” said Philip Wong, Synology founder and Chief Executive Officer. “Synology is dedicated to building upon DSM, our core platform to solve security, reliability and management challenges. We design our solutions for individuals, all the way up to large enterprises, for even massive datasets. All of this so that our customers can focus on utilizing the data to create more value. I am excited to announce that DSM 7.0 will reach general availability in 2021, bringing you a brand-new experience in data management.”
DSM 7.0 improves all aspects of the operating system, from storage management and the user interface, to cloud-supported functionality such as large-scale device monitoring and on-demand storage.
- Redesigned storage management functionality for higher performance, reliability, along with more maintenance options to empower IT administrators
- A host of usability and functionality improvements matched with improved security features such as a more secure and convenient authentication process
- Added support for the Fibre Channel protocol to achieve the lowest-latency and overhead deployments
- An all-new photo management experience with Synology Photos, that combining the AI- powered features of Synology Moments with the organizational flexibility of Synology Photo Station
- Innovative solutions like Hybrid Share, to integrate cloud and on-premises storage, Active Insight, to monitor aggregated performance and usage from a single portal, and backup solutions that combine robust bare-metal data protection with the convenience of the cloud.
Along with the new features stated above, key DSM 7.0 features and brand-new solutions being introduced in 2021 are available in the event sessions.
DSM 7.0 Beta is available as a free update to compatible Synology devices.
Synology at a Glance
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology innovates and adapts to ever-evolving technologies, and continues bringing new possibilities to the table, including but not limited to solutions for data storage and backup, file collaboration, video management and network infrastructure- all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for businesses worldwide.
If you liked this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and leaving a comment below. Also, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow Us” on Twitter and add the Apple Tech Talk channel to your Apple News app.
And if you haven’t subscribed to Apple Tech Talk, now would be a great time to do it so. Just scroll down to the form below and enter your name and email address. Then you’ll receive a notification whenever we post new articles. Don’t worry, we never sell or share your information. While you’re at it, check out our YouTube channel (here) where you will find video on interesting products any Apple enthusiast would love.
Leave a Comment