Synology Inc. today announced the official release of three major packages, Drive, Office, and Moments. These packages run on the company’s line of network-attached storage products and allow users to store, back up, and synchronize their photos, documents, and other files while keeping their data private and secure.
Moments is a completely new application that lets users back up photos from their computer or smartphone to their Synology NAS. Once photos are stored on the Synology NAS, Moments includes deep learning and automatic organization tools that identify people, places, and objects in photos and sorts them into albums accordingly. Since photo indexing is processed on the Synology NAS, users can be assured that all their photos and image data are stored safely and privately.
Some notable features include the following:
- By-topic organization: With a new deep learning algorithm on Synology NAS, random photos will be automatically grouped together according to similar facial structures, subjects, and locations.
- Easily share and search photos: Simply type in keywords into the search bar, and relevant images will appear immediately; such as mountains, ramen, or sushi.
- Easy backup from mobile devices: Backup photos daily by uploading them from iOS or Android device with the Moments mobile app.
Drive is the complete revamp of Synology’s file syncing Cloud Station Suite. The overhaul simplifies data management on Synology NAS, allowing users to sync data across multiple devices and increase ease office collaboration.
New features include the following:
- My Drive for personal storage: This allows users to centrally manage all their files and set different permission for each file if necessary.
- Team Folder for team collaboration: These are shared folders created by the administrators, allowing teams to work together on different documents and keep them neatly organized within the shared folder.
- Desktop Client for local synchronization: The desktop client is supported on windows, MacOS, and Linux, allowing users to conveniently sync files from all folders, including folders shared with them, to their PC’s and laptops.
- Integration with Office and Universal Search: Drive is now a central hub for Office, making team collaboration and building collaborative documents easy and organized. Additionally, finding files is effortless with universal search. (let me know if I should elaborate about US)
Office is Synology’s own browser-based collaborative editor, which allows users to create, share, and simultaneously work on documents, spreadsheets, and – in the latest version — slides. As with all of the company’s packages, Synology Office runs on a Synology NAS, so companies can get the benefits of online file editing and real-time collaboration while keeping all data onsite and stored on their own equipment. All of these collaboration tools are managed on Drive.
This release is available worldwide immediately.
You can read our detailed review of all of these applications and more here.
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage network in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage network in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.
If you liked this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and leaving a comment below.
Also, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow Us” on Twitter and add the Apple Tech Talk channel to your Apple News app.
Apple Tech Talker
Leave a Comment