Here are the highlights of the Apple Media Event held on September 7, in San Francisco.
Available in a new glossy black color called Jet Black. Other colors include a non-glossy Black, Gold, Silver and Rose Gold.
New 4-core 64-bit A10 chip – 40% faster than the A9 chip.
Repositioned antenna bands
Water Resistant – Meets the IP67 standard for water and dust protection
Longer Battery Life
- iPhone 7
- 40 hours of wireless audio
- 13 hours of wireless video
- 14 hours of Wi-Fi browsing
- 14 hours 3G Talk-Time
- iPhone 7 Plus
- 60 hours of wireless audio
- 14 hours wireless video
- 15 hours Wi-Fi browsing
- 21 hours 3G Talk-Time
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Six element, f/1.8 aperture lens
- 12 megapixel sensor
- Quad-LED flash
- New 7 megapixel front facing camera
- The iPhone 7 Plus has two 12-megapixel cameras
- 28mm wide angle
- 56mm telephoto
- Actively switch between them
- New Zoom button produces a 2X optical zoom or use the same finger swipes for up to 10X digital zoom.
Stereo Speakers – One on the bottom, Earpiece /receiver on top is now a full second speaker.
3.5mm earphone jack has been removed. Ear Buds will now connect via the Lightning Connector
- New Lightning Connector Earpods are included in the box
- A Lightning Connector to 3.5mm adaptor is also included in the box
iPhone 7 starts at $649.00 and is available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB
iPhone 7 Plus starts at $769 in the same storage options.
Preorders begin September 9 and will be available beginning September 16.
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will still be available as well as the iPhone SE.
Apple also introduced wireless AirPods headphones
- Infrared sensor detects when each AirPod is in your ear
- Only plays music when in your ear
- Touch sensitive to enable Siri
- External noise reduction
- 5 hour listening on a single charge
- Charging case provides 24-hours of charge.
- AirPods and case are charged with a single Lightning cable
- Simple One Touch set-up
AirPods will cost $159.00 and will be available in October
Apple Watch Series 2 is water resistant up to 50 meters. The watch can eject water using the vibration of the built-in speaker.
Up to 50% faster processor with a 2X brighter display.
New Hermes and Nike+ models.
Apple Watch Series 2 starts at 369.00 The original Apple Watch, now called Apple Watch Series 1 gets an upgraded processor and starts at $269.00.
Preorders for Apple Watch Series 2 starts September 9.
What are you most excited about from today’s announcements? Why not join the conversation and leave your comments below.
If you liked this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and leaving a comment below.
Also, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter.