Less than a month after releasing the latest major upgrade to ReadyNAS OS (read the review here), Netgear has released ReadyNAS OS 6.7.1.
Here are the release notes provided by Netgear.
- Expanded FlexRAID configurable options.
- Support for single disk expansion.
- Support for RAID 50 and 60.
- Support for Global Host Spare.
- SAS Expansion support for the RR3312 and RR4312.
- Google Drive Support.
- Amazon AWS Support.
- Visual Volume Configuration.
- Updated to the latest Dropbox.
- iSCSI Thin LUN capacity monitoring.
- ReadyNAS Apps expand support to third-party repos within the app.
- ReadyNAS Apps now show more info in the installation progress.
- Updated Linux Kernel from 4.1 to 4.4.
- Support for newer hardware.
- Updated AV config to prevent reporting false positives.
- ADS environment performance.
- ReadyDR support for longer snapshot names.
- Security fix for command injection during the setup of backup jobs || Various security fixes to backup jobs.
- Some Amazon Cloud Drive sync fixes.
- Middleware NML call security fix.
- ReadyCLOUD VPN stability fix.
- Hourly snapshots are taken when disk spin down is enabled.
- Various MTP backup fixes.
- Removed the c_, m_, b_, and r_ username and share name limitations.
- Prevent portocol port conflicts.
- Switching network from DHCP to static will retain DNS.
Here are the Download Links for your particular models.
arm (RN102 / RN104 / RN202 / RN204 / RN212 / RN214 / RN2120)
x86_64 (RN312 / RN314 / RN316 / RN422 / RN424 / RN516 / RN524X / RN526X / RN528X / RN626X / RN628X / RN716X / RN3130 / RN3138 / RN3220 / RN4220 / RR3312 / RR4312X / RR4312S / RR4360X / RR4360S)
If you need help updating your firmware, you can review the Netgear Knowledgebase article here.
Do you have a ReadyNAS or some other server in your home? How do you use it and what do you like most about it? Why not join the conversation by leaving a comment below.
If you liked this article, please consider sharing it with your friends and leaving a comment below.
Apple Tech Talker